An Englishman in Kuala Lumpur --- "Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday sun"

Friday, June 03, 2005

Madagascar


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey it Friday! Its Suntory time! Went to see this at the Amcorp mall because my usual cinema at KLCC was fully booked and so I thought this must be a good movie. I was disappointed, the Amcorp mall cinema is very small compared to others. Think of all the old cinemas in the UK before they were rebuilt into multiplexes, that what it is like with its old uncomfortable dirty seats, litter everywhere and a small screen that is half of what you get anywhere else. The movie itself I feel was overhyped, seems like the trailer was made out of all the good bits. It started off very well but once they got to the island it went downhill, it just wasn’t that funny. My favourite characters were the chimps with one having a British gentlemen’s accent and the other was a signing chimp (sign language). Also the penguins were excellent and it’s a pity they didn’t get more of a starring role. This movie is from DreamWorks the people who bought you monsters Inc – remember that? Madagascar to me had all the fun of an anti Iraq war joke at a New Labour party conference.

Spent most of today perusing around KLCC. In a coffee shop I went into I noticed that a staff member was staring at something on the window whilst he was trying to clean it. I only glanced briefly to see what looked like a cut out of something stuck to the window. Later whilst glancing out of the window overlooking the pool outside I noticed some scuttling by my seat and it was a butterfly or a moth, a little bigger than my hand. By the time I got my camera it was gone wherever , hopefully it had managed to get outside. I wish I could identify it, anyone know a free online photo source to compare against? Goes to show that no matter what we build, nature will always be there in one form or another showing us that our concrete buildings will eventually be taken over by nature.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Noticed this downstairs in the KLCC station. It’s a promotion for the "Double A" photocopier paper. The one with the advert where a photocopier takes a transformer moment and turns into a giant robot. Only this one in the photo was a bit of a let down. Don’t they look bored? Poor sods. There is a bigger robot in the station that used to show videos and talk to the people as they hurried to the trains.



Music of the moment : Balligomingo – Purify

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:46 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:48 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory BritBlog Needs You! expat

Countries We have visited.